Monday, February 11, 2008

Wellness '08 Update

This last week may have been the most difficult week for me this year in terms of eating healthy and drinking enough water. We ate at the church a few nights and then I went out to restaurants on Friday and Saturday night and I let myself "slide" a little with what I hate. But, I did stay away from the "pub/tavern" food that I could have indulged myself in.

Today, I took a step in wellness that I think that I have needed to take for a long time but I have not done it and a lot of it has to do with finances and insurance. But, my neck and back have been hurting quite a bit lately. I have always had pain but I usually "suffer" and take some Advil. Well, this morning, I went into the chiropracor and they ran some test on me and took x-rays. I will have the consult tomorrow and will know more. At first glance though, they can tell that I have more movement, flexibility, and strenght in my right side than my left. I also had a electro massage treatment for 10 mins and orders for ice packs a few times during the day.

On the health and welness aspect (physical weight), individuals seem to notice the wight loss. Wether, it be my pants saggng or my face slimming out. I do get on the scale every Monday, so I do know that there are pounds that are coming off. More on that in weeks or months; not now.

No comments: