Monday, February 25, 2008

Save Me From Myself



The book that I finished today was called: Save Me From Myself: How I found God, Quit Korn, Kicked Drugs, and Lived to Tell My Story. This is the stroy of Brian "Head" Welch, who was the lead guitarist of Korn.

To me, this was a very interesting book. I do not read many autobiographies but this was a good book and a good read. He did a great job in sharing his story from childhood to the present. He shared how he grew up, how he came into the band and his struggles and how he overcomed the struggles.

One of the things that he shares is that when the "story" broke, CNN & MTV followed him and wanted to do stories about him and see if this was the "real deal". Here is a piece that CNN did years ago:



Since the piece ended, the song that he wrote was to/about 50 Cent.

Overall, I think that the book was very good and I am glad that when this came as a reccommend read to me via Amazon that I took them up on it.

No comments: