Monday, February 11, 2008

Banning Shane Claiborne



I am amazed. Shane got "banned", "bounced", "axed" or whatever you want to call it from a speaking arrangement at Cedarville recently. There was a "blog outrage" that caused the University to run for cover and not let him speak.

I tried to follow the rabbit trail a little to see what was occurring and happening. But, when I ran across the video above that was used for an example of his false doctrine and hate ... i just shook my head and cried.

Friends, we all love Jesus and are trying to follow him.

I am amazed at Shane's life and what he does for the city that he has immersed himself in. He does not want applauds, but he sure does deserve it. If you are unfamiliar with what he does, check it out sometime.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This past summer I had the privilege of working with Mother Teresa’s order of Nuns in Miami. They are amazing! Someone in the group called them “Nuns on steroids.” Not only have they taken the vow of poverty, but they have dedicated their life to helping the homeless on the streets. I spoke to one Nun who was in training and was then going to another country to continue the work. If they looked at the problem of homelessness it would overwhelm them, but they do small things one day at a time. It really does make a difference.