Thursday, February 07, 2008

0 for 5

I have the next five books that I want to read that I do not currently have at home or the office and I called the local Christian bookstore to see if they would set them aside and I would be up in about 90 mins (when I take Bethany to swimming).

Well, I went 0 for 5. They were willing to set them aside but they do not have any of the five books that I want. I guess my reading preference is out of the scope of contemporary reading circles.

Thus, it looks like CBD or Amazon will get an order later on this afternoon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So on a different note, what are the books that you are wanting to read. I believe that we might have similar interests (we sure can get into trouble together, and we haven't even met)and I might like to read some of them.

Thoughts From Jeff said...

After the phone call, I went on-line and I ordered them. Here are the five that should be here on Monday:

Ain't Too proud to Beg by Telford Work
Consuming Jesus by Paul Louis Metzger
Life After Church by Brian Sanders
Pagan Christianity by Viola & Barna
Plan B by Anne Lamont

I have numerous more but I will get those in mid march after I finish thoughs

Anonymous said...

I am not familar with any of the titles, but I will look them up. Sounds like it could be fun to read some new things.

Inkling said...

Hey, I know we had two copies of the last one at the used bookstore where I worked in St. Louis. I know this because I read it during my break.

A great source for finding books of any kind is abebooks.com. It's your link to used bookstores all over the world, and you might be surprised at what you can find and now cheap some of them can be. (I once got a famous children's book for $1, and when it came I discovered it was signed by the author.) There are many people I knew in St. Louis who taught in university and seminary, and they were often given books to review. And many times those very books would come to our store when they were through, and we listed all of our stuff on abebooks. I bet we aren't the only ones, so you might be in luck.