Wednesday, February 13, 2008

My Back and Neck



Well, I went to get the results of my test yesterday at the chiropractor. The news from them was not overly good. I have quite a few problems in my neck and upper back.

In particular, my cervical and thoractic are not in good shape. I have a few vertebrates that have no spacing and are rubbing together and a few that have v spacing with them being pinced nerves.

My motion and strength is weaker than the right side ad I am shorter on the left side as well. Then add a splash of scoliosis in the neck area of the spine and you have a little understanding of why I am in pain at times.

The good thing about the news and diagnosis is that, i now know why I have been in pain and they did find items on the xray, so they know at least where the trouble spots are and can at least develop of strategy to treat me.

I am on a 10-week treatement plan and we will see how it works and how I am feeling after the 10 weeks are up. maybe, this will help me in the physical aspect of my Wellness '08 plan.

My first appointment is this afternoon, I will let you know how it goes.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My wife has had treatment on her back and spine from a chiropractor and has had great success. I hope you have the same kind of success with yours. Back pain can be so debilitating.

Thoughts From Jeff said...

Thanks Nator.

While I was there, i was doing pretty good (when they were doing the treatments).

I felt worthless when I was trying to do the exercises. It really showed how I have lack of movement.

Tonight, the pain in the midback is unbearable. After Lenten services, I will be icing up.

Anonymous said...

Keep with it. It really does work. Therapy is like that, sometimes it has to get worse in order to get better.

Thoughts From Jeff said...

Nator, I will be keeping with it. I have committed myself to 20 sessions and lesson over the next 10 weeks.

Unknown said...

Getting the news that your cervical and thoractic are not in good shape is indeed scary. It was a good thing that your chiropractor explained it to you thoroughly, and the available options you have for treatment. That must've been quite a relief for you. I just hope it did help you recover in a timely manner. Take care!

Jacqueline Hodges @ Back and Neck Center of Brick