Monday, February 25, 2008

Obama Vs. Clinton Debate



As a person who receives information from the candidates, I received an email from the Clinton campaign to join them for some debate parties. The debate is tomorrow and I do not think that I am going to be able to go and pull it off.

I would be interested in watching the debate with a group of individuals and enjoying great food while watching it and then hearing everyones' action or reaction to the debate.

The debate is going to be at Cleveland State.

In the last debate, I thought Obama did a good job. He has improved over the last year. However, I still think he shows a little weakness in the debate when he is away from his polished speeches when he has down pat - even w/o notes and propters.

In the Clevelad paper, they had an article about how the event was being paid for. It is paid by individuals who want to see the debate and meet the candidates and have some "extras". Look at some of these costs ....

The party is offering "sponsorship" debate packages that include behind-the-scenes tours of the debate site, a pair of VIP cocktail parties at the Terrace Club at Jacobs Field and debate tickets, topping out at $50,000 per package.

In the fund-raising plea, billed as a debate invitation from "the Ohio Democratic Party and Cleveland Mayor Frank Jackson," corporate sponsorship packages are hawked from the $50,000 level on down to $15,000. Individual sponsorships are also available for $25,000 for 25 debate tickets on down to $2,000 for a pair of debate seats.

"The Democratic Party is committed to running a public lottery in a fair and open way, and we are doing that," Goepfert said. "We are not selling tickets, we are selling sponsorships."

The bold is my emphasis. That just cracks me up (a little). It is kinda like selling tixs at higher prices and indicviduals claiming the price is not for the tix but the tshirt that comes with the tix.

Yah, Yah, I know not exactly the same but that is what I thought.

Maybe, I can sneak away and go to a watch party ......

2 comments:

Doorman-Priest said...

Whenever I log on, why does your counter say that London has logged on? I live in Leeds, an altogether nicer place.

Thoughts From Jeff said...

I have no clue. When my parents log on, it gives a town that is about 2 1/2 hours away.

I am not sure if it is going through a main server or what ...

I may take that widget out