Sunday, June 01, 2008

A Long Weekend

This past weekend was very long. I am about ready to call it a night sleep away. Here is a little recap of what occurred:

Friday

In the morning, we did Meal On Wheels. After MOW, I grabbed a quick bite to eat and finalized the driving details for my upcoming trip. I then went over to Bethany's school and watched her graduation ceremony. After her ceremony, I went to the boys school and picked them up. When we walked home, we prepared for the ice cream floats. With it being the last day of the school, we decided to make floats and pass them out to those in the neighborhood. I think we passed out 28 floats.

I then went over to the church and got things ready for Fri night. We ordered pizza's and left the kids with a baby-sitter. No, we did not have a date. We went to our adoption training. When we got home, we retired early; knowing that Saturday was going to be the looooong day.

Saturday

We woke up at 7 am to begin the day. We needed to get the kids out to the country for their babysitter and we went to our adoption training. We had class from 9 - 4 with an hour break from class.

Class was rough. We have one individual that drives us crazy. He is a challenge and I am going to do a post on him. It may not be an appropriate post and if it crosses a line with the analogy, I apologize in advance. Also, we had a 3 hour class on Child Sexual Abuse - definitely not a bed of roses topic to discuss.

However, there was a new younger couple behind us and we talked a little in discussion time and they seemed really cool. A younger couple in their late 20's. They have 2 younger boys and she is pregnant with their 3rd boy. They are looking to adopt a girl. We went out to lunch with them ... good chattin'.

After class, we went out to the family watching the kids. Hung out there for over an hour. They are a great family and love them to death. It was the first time going out there. Very cool place.

We then headed to the church building and we were there till 12:30 am getting ready for Sunday. It is very unusual that we (I) 'work' on Sat night but last night it had to occur.

Sunday

3 Worship services with grad recognition in each of the services and then at the late service, we had confirmation. After church, we had a confirmation party. I walked home and rested for 30 mins and then went to the graduation services at the high school.

After that, I went back to the church and figured out the directions to one of our students for a grad party. After the grad party, I came home and packed the vehicle.

Thus there you go ....

I am zonked. I do want to catch up on some blogs though before I go to ZZZZZ land. I am going to attempt to walk tomorrow morning BUT I am not too optimistic about that.m

2 comments:

Doorman-Priest said...

Well I needed a nap just reading about it.

Thoughts From Jeff said...

DP:

Was the nap good ?