Monday, June 16, 2008

Grace



The sky is grey and the light is far
The sea is a rage within my heart
I turn my sight to the crashing waves
I cry in the night just to be saved

I need eyes to be my guide
I need a voice that’s louder than mine
I need hope I need You
Cause I can’t do this alone

Grace I call Your name
Oh won’t Your smile fall over me
I’m cracked and dry on hands and knees
Oh sweet grace rain down on me I need You grace

I pray for dawn a new day to live
I pray for mercy only Jesus gives
Though darkness falls and a million cry
I believe over all there’s a greater light shining for us

Come down and save me

-----------------------------

The picture is from one of my walks on the beach this past weekend and I thought the words (a song) from Phil Wickham was a perfect fit. We will see Phil in concert in two days.

2 comments:

Amy (ArtsyBookishGal) said...

Phil Wickham is great!

Thoughts From Jeff said...

I am looking forward to seeing / hearing him