Monday, June 02, 2008

Tears to My Eyes

I know that some of you might not understand his but yesterday, I was brought to tears while watching Sports Center last night.

On Sunday nights, they do an "emotional" stories. They do human interest stories. They are stories about individuals and the impact that they have on society - on a human level.

The story is truly amazing.

It is about 15 minutes long. Thus, it is broke up into two different You Tube videos. They are listed in order. Yes, it is a sports story but it is a story that is about 'humans' within the sport story.

Take the time to watch the videos and if you have any sensitivity at all in you, you may want to grab some tissue. I had to wipe the tears away with my fingers last night.





I really did enjoy the story and the impact that he had on the boys is obvious. I think this is just one of the many stories of the impact that you have on people - whether you know it or not.

-------------

Thanks to Derek for having the video liks.

5 comments:

Derek said...

Copycat!!! :P

Just kidding. I was just about to leave you a comment and let you know that yes, the ones I had found and posted were in fact from the same segment that aired on tv, but I see you've already figured that out. :)

Thoughts From Jeff said...

And I pologize that you came ovr as I was editing the post to give you edit r the link and the hit.

I did watch it ALL from you again. I could not stop watching it.

Derek said...

No biggie re. credit, but thanks anyway! Spread the word. This story can/should be given more coverage.

Unknown said...

We have a firefighter here at our church that was working in Charleston until about 2 weeks before that fire. He knew all 9 that were killed. It happened while we were at camp last year. It was a hard time for him and his wife.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.