Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Spiderwick, A Book and War

Yesterday afternoon was our first full day of vacation here. As I mentioned in the previous post, it was about relaxation. Thus, this is what we (I)did:

1. We went to Spiderwick. It was a very good movie. We enjoyed it. On the drive home, the boys mentioned everything that they left out of the book and the things that they "added or changed". They liked the movie alot but I think thatthey enjoyed the books a little more.

When we got home, we ad dinner. During dinner preperation, Jacob was outside playing with his new friend. Isaiah was resting from a headache and Bethany and I began a serious game of war. Our game was interrupted to eat ....

2. I read the following book yesterday: I'm Fine with God ... It's Christians I Can't Stand: Getting Past the Religious Garbage in the Search for Spiritual Truth. It was a very good book. I will make a post on it later.

3. I finished the game of War with Bethany. After 1 hour and 10 mins. she beat me. She was vry happy to have another win under her belt.

After the game, I curled up to the fire and began another book.

Today is our "busy" day.

More on the other book and the busy day tonight. I am looking forward to this day with the family out and all the things that we will see and do.

Later

4 comments:

'neice said...

Sounds awesome! Glad you are having a chance to get away and relax!

Wonder Woman said...

Spiderwick looks frightening!

Glad you're all having fun!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Roland said...

Cool.
I think the book title is lovely. I bet I would read and nod my head the whole time.
It will be good to see what things you will share out of it.

Thoughts From Jeff said...

'Neice:

It is Awesome

WW:

It was not scary

Roland:

It is def a book where nodding the head is prevelant