Saturday, March 15, 2008

Atlanta '08: Tornado

The nothern Georgia area got hit with severe storms two days in a row. On Friday, downtown Atlanta got hit with a 130 mph tornado. We lived in the greater Atlanta area for 1 year and have been to the city numerous times for conventions. We were there in November and stayed in a hotel downtown and passed through this area daily. We ate at CNN and was in the GWCC. Thus, when the storm hit and I saw some of these pictures, it prompted me to load them up.

A TREE UPROOTED


PHILIPPS ARENA


THE OMNI HOTEL


FULTON COTTON MILLS LOFTS


CNN


ANOTHER PICTURE OF CNN


CENTENNIAL PARK


AUBURN AVENUE - DOWNTOWN


In this round of storms and location, there were no deaths. There was just damage. The baskeball game went into overtime, so most of the people were still in the stadium. However, the storms did cause a few deaths north.

Prayers go out to all those who were involved or touched by the storms.

7 comments:

Roland said...

Whoa.
That is something.
I've never even been there and the damage is frightening to look at.

Anonymous said...

I think we were at the same convention in Atlanta. That is where you heard Phyllis Tickle right? I too walked through that area numerous times not only then, but for the past two summers. We are going back again this summer and I'm sure we will spend some time at Centennial park.

Thoughts From Jeff said...

Roland:

Yea, something else.

Nator:

Yup, I am sure we are, I blogged a little about it, can see it in my links.

I will be back in Atlanta next month. I am going to the Orange Conference - this will be in NE Atlanta (Duluth).

We are trying to decide which one to do next year: Pittsburgh or Nashville.

It may depend on the NLF schedule.

Anonymous said...

I will be in Nashville. Live here ya know!

Anonymous said...

Good Grief!!!!!!

Thoughts From Jeff said...

Nator:

I have been to Nashville 3 times for conventions. I love the city and the food !!!!

However, I may opt with Pittsburgh. We will see. Nashville will be the largest and where most of my buddies will be ... so ...

Lori:

Yah, I know .. amazing.

Wonder Woman said...

God Bless them all.

We're so truly blessed, aka: lucky to be and have what we do... lest us remember how fortunate we are in our comfortable lives :)