Sunday, March 09, 2008

Snow: The Day After

The snow finished up last night. This morning, I woke up and checked to see how many cancellations there were. In our county, there were quite a few but the counties (two of them) north of us had plenty.

I walked to church today. We really only have one wokable vehichle, so I had to keep it here for Stacey and the kids in case they decided to venture out to church. They did not because we ended up not having the following:

- 9 am Contemporary
- 10 am Sunday School

We did have the 8 am traditional and 11 am traditional. I know to some that sounds odd to have the bookends and not the middle but there were reasons for it :)

Anyways, back to the snow. I went out after I got home from church and took a few pics. Here they are:

This is a car that is 4 houses down from us. We are not suppose to park on the street if we have more than 3 inches. However, numerous of us do; due to our driveways and the way our street is set up. But, if it snows, the plows come through and will block you in, people know and understand this. So, here is the car:



I am one of the people who park my van on the street as well. So, here is my van buried. We have space in our driveway for the van, HOWEVER, my reverse on the van does not work. Thus, it is kinda hard to park in the driveway:



Here is a picture of our house. I am not sure if it really shows the "deepness" of the snow but it does show snow and the house :)



Here is Stacey's car this morning. The snow had shifted from the top (roof) of her car to the windshield and the snow and ice on the driveway is low now and packed down. You still have to press the gas pedal lightly or you will still spin:




With the sun out and the temps in the 20 and with a tool called a shovel; the snow came off of the drive way (a little). We can now at least go from the door to the car without much trouble:



And I decided to not allow the postman grumble too hard, so we made a pathway to the mail box. I need to go and do the sidewalk next. But, I have not done it. Our neighbors have not done theirs, so I have not done mine ... I mean, what good would it do :) Of course, they may be saying the same thing, ut-oh:




As I look at my window and see all this snow, for fun, I hit weather.com to check out the weather where we lived 2 winters ago ... um, note to Jeff ..DON'T DO THAT AGAIN !!!!!

Hope all out there in the snow are safe and warm and are "unburied".

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

All our snow is gone. Na Nanie boo boo!

Wonder Woman said...

Ours remains... for a while yet :)

Kids went snowboarding today - yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

WW :)

Anonymous said...

your house looks like it could be in Sweden.

Thoughts From Jeff said...

Lori:

Because of the snow or the shape of the house or both ?

Anonymous said...

color and style of house, and the snow.;-)

Thoughts From Jeff said...

Lori:

Wow, all aspects. Are you ready for the episode tomorrow night ??

We will know the 6 !!

Is it Sun & Jin ??