Monday, March 03, 2008

Blood Pressure Went DOWN !!!

In 2008, I decided that I was going to get healthy. I am still on tract to get healthy. There are numerous things that I still need to do, but i am taking positive steps.

One area of my life that is seeing improvement is my blood pressure. I have had high blood pressure or "borderline" high for quite awhile. some of it is genetics but some of it is due to the fact that I love "fatty" food; it tastes so good.

Well, in '08, fatty food is very limited for me. I am doing this to "drop" weight and to "drop" my blood pressure. I am not going to share about my weight till next month (most likely) but I would like to say a few words about my blood pressure today.

I was in "stage 1" hypertension. A handful of months ago my blood pressure was at 138/98. The 98 (diastolic) was nearing stage 2 hypertension which was not good.

One area where I "fail" inhealth is going to the doctor. The blood pressure was done by one of our parish nurses. When I saw the numbers, I knew that I needed to get this under control (was going to give myself 3 months) and if it did not go down to the "normal" range that I would need to go to the doc and not only change my diet, add exercise but add medication and I am not a meds person :)

Well, yesterday, the parish nurses took my blood pressure and it is down to 112/74. She was very impressed that it went down this far without meds.

I will keep monitoring the BP and I will talk to the doctor when I finally get in for a check up. I will get into the doc sometime this year; I promise. This will be the first time in ... um .... 6+ years .... I know, I know ...

More on Wellness '08 later

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go! I believe God really knew what He was doing when He took a day of rest.

My partner is 64 and was told a couple of months ago he's on the verge of a stroke. It got his attention. I was told 5 years ago that if I didn't learn how to relax I would never see 40.

I'm really good at kicking back now!

Keep up the good work. You're just going to feel better and better!

Wonder Woman said...

YAY YOU!

Keep up the great work kiddo!

WW :)

Anonymous said...

Now go vote!

Thoughts From Jeff said...

Susan:

Resting is a very important aspect of the plan.

Wonder Woman:

Thanks, I will keep working the plan.

Nator:

We had to go to Cleveland clinic for the doctors. I came to the office, made sure I was 100% and went over and casted my vote - got the sticker to prove it.