Saturday, March 08, 2008

Snow, Snow, and More Snow

We received snow yesterday afternoon and evening and then we got a break for a few hours and then the second storm hit us. We got plenty of snow.

This morning, around 9 am, I walked over to Behuler's to grab us some donuts (our Sat morning tadition) and I took the camera to take a few pics. The pictures are below:

This is our patio table and chairs. Does anyone want to come over for a grill-out and eat at the patio ?



When I saw the car (below), I decided that I would just walk the 1/2 mile or so instead of cleaning it off and shoveling out the driveway:



Here is the street that we live on. You may not be able to tell that it is the street, but it is. That was another good reason to "hoof it" instead of driving:



The grocery store is on one of the main roads and our church is located directly across the street. Here is the pic of the church and the main street at a little after 9 am:



Then finally, here is a pic of me shoveling. Stacey will need to get out eventually, so I am trying to create a path from our door to the car and from the back of the car to the street:



I ended up taking the car out at 2:30. It was not the smartest decision that I made. It is/was bad out there. I tried to get into the churches parking lot and I got stuck -- BIG TIME ---

After about 20 mins of digging and rocking and not making much progress ... two guys asked if I wanted help. I took them up on it and we got it out with about 10 mins of work.

The parking lot was getting plowed when we left. The polw got stuck in our parking lot, so I did not feel so bad. It will be interesting to see if church is still on in the morning and how many make it. I will be walking.

I am not sure if I will encourage my wife to drive or not. It is very short, but there are still spots to get stuck .. in the drive way and on the roads. It should be a no brainer .. but do not even attempt side roads or alleys :)

8 comments:

Roland said...

Thanks for the pics.
St Cloud, Mn hasn't seen snow like that for a few years. It's good to reminisce and better to know it isn't us.
:)

Thoughts From Jeff said...

It looks like we have about 17 inches right now. Flurries are still here; it is almost done ....

Anonymous said...

Jeff,

We were snowed in today with about 2 inches, just enought to skip the office and stay home and play with the kids. Enjoyed the pics. Had to spend the remainder of the day with Beach Blast playing on the travel channel!

Bring on the sun!

Key West Butterfly Girl
aka "Susan"
aka The Trolless
aka Nator's Wife

PS. I had so much time on my hands I customized my blog.

Stay warm!

Anonymous said...

Jeff,

We were snowed in today with about 2 inches, just enought to skip the office and stay home and play with the kids. Enjoyed the pics. Had to spend the remainder of the day with Beach Blast playing on the travel channel!

Bring on the sun!

Key West Butterfly Girl
aka "Susan"
aka The Trolless
aka Nator's Wife

PS. I had so much time on my hands I customized my blog.

Stay warm!

Thoughts From Jeff said...

Key West:

Thanks for posting (twice).

I think that I may take a few pictures of the snowed in vehichles. The ones who parked on the street and the plows came by and added more snow to the side and now they are really stuck.

Anonymous said...

Nice picture Jeff. Good to see who I am posting to.

Nice haircut as well.

Thoughts From Jeff said...

Nator:

Thanks. I just shaved last week. I was doing it in the hopes of bringing out the warm weather ... ummm .... it did not work.

Wonder Woman said...

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow....

*singing*

WW ;)