Monday, April 14, 2008

Monday's Theological Musings

For awhile, I am going to put up a theological view and want to encourage discussion. These views and thoughts may not be ones that I particularly agree with but they will be thought-provoking and may generate discussion:

I ridiculed those who suggested God didn't want to save every person, but I never recognized that my pride in choosing God was equally ridiculous. I suggested god wanted to save every person but couldn't. God wasn't hostile or apathetic toward the lost. God was simply powerless. I raised the banners of divine holiness and justice to excuse God's failure, but my true passion was for human freedom. I insisted we were free to reject God's grace. It never occurred to me that God might be free to reject our rejection.

The choice of this paragraph comes from the thoughts that Nator is throwing around recently on his blog. This was not on his blog but I was reminded of these statements after reading the blog and comments.

4 comments:

Wonder Woman said...

So Wednesday is the day?

A birthday?

Thoughts From Jeff said...

Thursday is the day. I "dropped" the boring countdown.

My wife's b-day was friday and my mom's was today.

The countdown does not have to do with a b-day.

Anonymous said...

Probably the lost season finale.

Thoughts From Jeff said...

Nator:

If you are guessing on what is Thursday, no you are wrong. Lost has been off the last few weeks and do not resume till next Thursday, the 24th and there will be 4 more shows.