Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Law On My Windshield

I am not sure if it was a "coincidence" or if someone who reads my blog thought that I needed to hear the message but I received a "Law Note" on my windshield.

I am not sure if a Law Note is the right terminology. But, I am going to share it with you. There will be many individuals who will applaud the letter.

For me, I am not sure. This may get me in trouble, so please bare with me.

I am going to share with you the letter and then I am going to share my thoughts concerning the letter and placing it on windshields of cars.

A Letter to All Christians

Peace be with you all, and we hope this finds you well and in good spirit.

As Christians, you are fortunate to understand the peace that comes through believing in God and His Son, - Our Savior - Christ Jesus. You are also blessed to have God's word in the Holy Bible available to teach you how to do His Will in your everyday lives.

Sometimes, as Christians, it is easy to focus on the NT and forget that we should all be living under God's Laws, which are contained in the first five books of the OT. The shining example of this for all of was Christ Jesus, who told us all in Matt. 5:17 "Think not that I am come to destry the Law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy but to fulfill 5:18: For verily I say unto you, Till heavens and earth pass, one jot or one title shall in no way pass from The Law, till all be fulfilled. We know all about the 10 Commandments that were given to Moses, but did you know about the rest of the Laws, Statues and Judgements? Did you know about the perfect healthy diet or the perfect agricultural and economic policy that God gave us ?

They are all there for each of us to read ourselves. You just have to make time to do it. Is there any better use of a Christian's time than to learn how to do God's Will )what He wants rather than what you want, as Christ commands in the Lord's Prayer - Matthew 6:10?

Along with the first five books (Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy) from the Old Testament, and the Gospels in the New Testament, there are a few specific and often overlooked verses below you may wish to review.

Prayer: Matthew 6:5-6

Sabbath Day: Genesis 2:2-3 and Exodus 20:8-11

The "Strait" Gate: Matthew 7:11-13, Revelations 7:4-8 and Revelations 14:1-3

"The Way" John 14:6

The Healthy Diet Leviticus 11 and Deuteronomy 14

Religion Ezekiel 34:1-10, Matthew 23 and Acts 5:29

Hell: Revelation 12:7-9

Heaven: John 3:13

The Little Book: Revelations 10:7-10

As Paul said in Galatians 2:20: "I am crucified with Christ: neverless I live; yet not I but Christ liveth in me and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."

We hope that you find these verses spiritually enlightening and may God be with you always.

- - - - - - - - - -

There you go.

Let me hear what your thoughts are on the subject.

6 comments:

Doorman-Priest said...

Now, I did know about the agricultural injunction and once visited a very good garden maintained along Biblical lines. As to the rest, well I tend to be suspicious of Old Testament Christians.

Roland said...

Every night and every morning the Jews of Jesus' time would pray aloud the "Love the Lord your God with..." passage.
Then Jesus comes along and says something that knocked them for a loop and added "And love your neighbor as yourself."
Too many didn't know what to do with that.
They were so used to following the letter of the law, that they forgot the spirit in which it was intended.
It helped to refocus those who had the ears to hear.
Jesus helped to clarify what the laws were for.
Too many people had them as an end unto themselves.
Love is the keystone.
Upon it hinged all the law and the prophets.
At least, that is how I'm starting to see it.

Thoughts From Jeff said...

DP:

Did you purchase anything from the farms ? That is very cool.

Roland:

Yes, those same people asked him what was the greatst. He did NOT say all of them.

He said "the greatest two"

The aspect that gets mwe is that if e followed Him and lived out the fruits of the Spirt, all would want to eat from the fruit.

Anonymous said...

Here are a few laws that I always forget to follow.

You shall keep my statutes. You shall not let your animals breed with a different kind; you shall not sow your field with two kinds of seed; nor shall you put on a garment made of two different materials. (Lev. 19:19)

My mule will have to go. I just had to take my shirt off and it isn’t a pretty sight. Woops, there go the pants.

If a man has sexual relations with a woman who is a slave, designated for another man, but not reasomed or given her freedom, an inquiry shall be held. They shall not be put to death, since she has not been freed; but he shall bring a guilt offering for himself to the Lord, at the entrance of the tent of meeting, a ram as a guilt offering. (Lev. 19:20-21)

If a man has an emission of semen, he shall bathe his whole body in water, and be unclean until the evening. (Lev. 15:16)

I could go on, but I feel unclean now!

Thoughts From Jeff said...

Nator:

Go take a bath. I have heard of bath cleansing. I have not done it yet though.

Hot Shower for 5 mins.
Cold Shower for 30 seconds

Repeat 3x

Curl upn warm bed for 30 mins.

It is suppose to work miracles on the body.

Anonymous said...

I'll take that into consideration!