Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A Long Day ....

It has been a long day. However, if I was honest, I think that it was a longer day in the eyes of Bethany. Let me tell you about our day.

For those of you who do not know, Stacey is on a well deserved vacation this week. She is at her moms and dad this week doing ........ Thus, I am at the house with the three kids and trying to manage our lives as much as possible without too much tradjedy.

We woke up and got the kids ready. We went with the very simple breakfast today, cereal. They (boys) got dressed and got all the items ready for school. Bethany did her preppin' for gymnastics. I attempted to do her hair and had it pulled back in a pny tail, but there was still some hair in the face. So, we went to plan B on the hair; we shaved her bald (only kidding).

We took the boys to school and then we went off to gymnastics. After gymnastics, we went to the church office and Bethany hubng out in my office while I attended staff meeting (about 90 minutes). After staff meeting, we packed Bethany a bag for her next venture.

After the bag was packed, we stopped by the house for lunch and then off to the free medical clinic. As I volunteered at the clinic for 2 hours, Bethany drew, colored and talked to the nurses. She also took candy, so she could walk around and pass it out.

Following the clinic, we went back to the office and she roamed the halls while I did some emails and did some prep work on my confirmation proposal. I have no clue how this is going to play out ..... I think that it might end with them stoning me.

After working my way through that, we went over to the school tp pick up the boys. After we picked them up, we came home and Jacob and Bethany got on their swimming gear and Isaiah got on his soccer gear.

It was early dinner time. It is Tuesday and Stacey is out of town, so I took them to Ci Ci's. For thiose of you who are unfamiliar with Ci Ci's, it is a pizza buffet joint. The great thing (for my pocket book) is that on Tuesday's, the kids eat for 99cents. You really can't beat that and let me tell you Isaiah can eat the pizza.

Then it was headed to swimming from 5:00 - 6:00. Then it was soccer from 6:00 to 7:00. After soccer, we went over to the grocery store and picked up a few items and then we headed to the youth room. On Tuesday's night, we invite any youth over to watch AI. We did it just to give a student (students) an opportunity to come and relax and for us to chat about life while the show is on.

We quickly cleaned up, came home and the kids went to bed very quickly. I read a few thoughts on the Dem Primary and Pennsylvania and the mess that situation will be in. I am making this post and then I am going to go watch the Suns / Spurs game.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude! You just made me feel better about MY day! I left work early to grab the littlest for her game. We made it with 4 minutes to spare! Nator was off coaching our son's team. Got home at 8:00 just in time to meet the rest of the fam for some grub. Luckily, no homework!

This day was much smoother than yesterday. We all got home at 9:45 last night. Did I mention bedtime is 8:30? Talk about roadkill!

Kudos to you for hanging in there! Nator is leaving for the Bahamas for the next three days, and I'm left to be a single parent in a complete war zone! I might ask you for a few tips!