Thursday, April 03, 2008

Embrace Grace

Embrace Grace by Liz Curtis Higgs (best selling author of Bad Girls of the Bible) was another book that I read while on vacation. I know, it has the G word in it.



I would say that this book is definitely geared more for woman but it is still a good read for the fellows as well.

Liz takes letters and comments from her readers and addresses them in almost a Dear Abby style. She interweaves their stories with her answers and scriptural backup. This is an excellent "devitional book" with all the scriptures that are covered in the book.

Here are the small chapters in the book:

An Open Door: I don't feel like Ibelong anywhere

Embrace Doubt: The whole thing seems a little hard to believe.

Embrace Faith: How do I find the faith to touch him

Embrace Sin: How could he love me after all I've done

Embrace Forgiveness: Can I know for sure that God has forgiven me

Embrace Repentance: Striving for perfection can be exhausting

Embrace Grace: what a freeing experience

It is a very good read and would be beneficial to read the book. I think that by reading the title and the questions / statements that deal with the chapter that many can relate.

Scriptural Thoughts

Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need (Hebrews 4:16)

for it is by grace you have been saved, through faith and this is not from yourseves, it is the gift of God, not by works so that no one can boast (Ehpesians 2;8-9)

One final thing, I know that there are a lot of people that like to throw God in the face of people and jam the Bible down their throat. I want you to know that a "little" light can bring light to the darkness and when you are ready to "slam" people who are doubting and having trouble with belief and God and wrestling with issues; remember the book of Jude.

Jude 1:22, Be merciful to those who doubt.

4 comments:

Wonder Woman said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Wonder Woman said...

He, hee, he...

Roland said...

Nice post and verse.
Keep up the good work.
It helps me. :)

Thoughts From Jeff said...

Roland:

Thanks and you may send your monthly tithe to .... and God is going to bless you immensley ..

See, there is some sarcasm