Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Clinton ......



I have to tell you, during timeouts in the basketball game, I turned to the talking heads and was listening to their views on Obama vs. Clinton. One of the things that I hear from Clinton campaign is that they win the big states and thus, this is why she would be the best nominee. Many scoff at that statement and then they debate how ludicrous that is BECAUSE how many more states Obama has won and how much more votes he has. So, let's take a look at this. This is my 5 minute search, so please forgive a little error.

Obama has won 28 states to Clinton 15 states.

Obama has about 600,000 more in the vote count.

However, as we know from not such a distant pass, popular vote does not mean JACK. If the democrat party used the primaries as they do in the national vote - you win the state, you get all the electoral votes ...... let's see what the reults are:

Clinton - 240

Obama - 202

Clinton is ahead and it is a fight to the end with the other states just around the corner. Very interesting. I have no clue what is going to happen over the next 3 months.

Aleight, back to basketball.

7 comments:

Doorman-Priest said...

So tell me about Florida. I don't get it.

Thoughts From Jeff said...

The short version is that the goverment moved up the vote.

The party did not recognize the vote because of that.

Thus, the votes did not not.

Clinton won the state.

People argue the vote can not be a true test of who won because there was no campaigning.

Roland said...

Think of the backlash if one of them wins the popular vote of the primaries and the other gets the nomination.
There will be so much backpeddling from the Gore/Bush election that it will make your head spin.

Roland said...

Side note, I just started laughing my head off at the "Castaways of PBC" on the side! :D
Thanks!

Thoughts From Jeff said...

Roland:

If Clinton happens to land the nomination, I think that it will have to be with Obama still having the poplar vote - though the margin would be smaller.

It will be very similar to 2000 and some backstepping will occur - but the past is the past will probaly reign.

I just think that there is too much spin that Obama has a huge, comfortable lead and this is what the Dems want.

I think there are other angles.

I kinda thought the new list was funny as well ...

Roland said...

I can see that.

I notice you are suffering from TMPIAD (too many posts in a day) syndrome.

Thoughts From Jeff said...

Roland:

Only two day and two yesterday (Wednesday, Tuesday).

However, I was about to make post 3