Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Melo & A.I.



Last night was their first night together. I did not get to watch the game, so I am only going by highlights on Sportscenter, box score and write-ups on Yahoo News but it looks like these two could be dynamic together.

I know it is early and it is only one game but I think that A.I. is really going to step up and want to take them to a championship game and he is fine if he is the number 2 scorer on the team.

He has grown in maturity as he "has aged" and they should be a force to be watched for during the season and as the play-off will come on us. Listed below are statements from both of them after the game:

"We just wanted to show the whole world we could play together," Anthony said after the duo's triumphant debut Monday night. "We know there's a lot of doubt about that."

"That's what it's all about. It's about the kids, and about the fans that love the game and the excitement of the greatest game in the world," Iverson said. "I'm enjoying myself. I know it's my 11th season, but this is a fresh start for me, and it feels like my first. I am having a great time and I love my situation here."

I am actually looking forward to following them. This is the first thing this season that has "peeked" my interest in the NBA this year.

No comments: