Thursday, January 25, 2007

The Inner Voice



This week, I am going to take a page from Leonard Sweet book: Summoned to Lead. I think that this is one of my favorite books that deals with leadership. The information that I am going to list below are a few lines from the book ( pg. 144 ):

I'm amazed at how many church leaders listen to every other voice except the small still voice they hear in their spirit.

You have to make a choice to listen to that voice and move on it, or you'll push it aside or dismiss it as mere "hunch" or "instinct".

If you are listening, your inner voice will tell you the next step, not some authority.


We really need to take time and listen to God. We need to be with Him and have time of silence so we can be in-tuned with this inner voice. We hear so much noise in our lives that we can get drowned out.

At times, I think we forget who we really need to take direction from. In my case, as a ym, it could be SPRC, the SP, church council, adult leaders, students, parents and the average church attendee. But, what about God .. Am I listening to Him ?

A presence is NEVER mute.

My challenge for myself and for you: Go and be in His presence / be still / listen and move on with what you hear.

No comments: