Monday, October 22, 2007

What is Another $ 46 BILLION ??

The numbers are just mind-blowing to me.

Here are some highlights:

President Bush asked Congress on Monday for another $46 billion to fund the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and finance other national security needs.

To date, Congress has already provided more than $455 billion for the Iraq war, with stepped-up military operations running about $10 billion a month.

I HATE "POLITICAL TALK"

Bush said any member of Congress who wants to see success in Iraq, and see U.S. troops return home, should strongly support the request.

"I know some in Congress are against the war and are seeking ways to demonstrate that opposition," Bush said. "I recognize their position and they should make their views heard. But they ought to make sure our troops have what it takes to succeed. Our men and women on the front lines should not be caught the middle of partisan disagreements in Washington, D.C."


Here are some budget numbers for 2008 ....

All told, the $189.3 billion Pentagon request for 2008 includes:

$77 billion for military operations and maintenance.

$30.5 billion for to protect U.S. forces from roadside bombs, snipers, and other threats.

$46.5 billion to repair and replace equipment that has been damaged or destroyed in combat or worn out in harsh conditions in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Yea, Yea .. I know we have to be safe but do we really know what we can do with this $$. Each day, I see numbers; the more sick and sick I become.

I also hate the feeling when I get when I hear the following comments:

Jeff, so what you are saying is that you don't want to spend the money on troops to protect them. That is loving of you Jeff, keep them stranded over there and let them get killed.

Ugh !!

* bites lip and get back to work *

I hate headlines

No comments: