Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Tiredness ??



Matthew 11:28-30
The Message (MSG)


28-30 "Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."

Romans 12:11-13
The Message (MSG)


11-13 Don't burn out; keep yourselves fueled and aflame. Be alert servants of the Master, cheerfully expectant. Don't quit in hard times; pray all the harder. Help needy Christians; be inventive in hospitality.

Galatians 6:9,10
The Message (MSG)


9-10 So let's not allow ourselves to get fatigued doing good. At the right time we will harvest a good crop if we don't give up, or quit. Right now, therefore, every time we get the chance, let us work for the benefit of all, starting with the people closest to us in the community of faith.

Proverbs 17:22
The Message (MSG)


22 A cheerful disposition is good for your health; gloom and doom leave you bone-tired.

----------------------------------------

These scriptures are for a few of my "friends" out there who are a little dazed, confused, tired and running on E. They are there for various reasons and are looking for something to hold on. They may not even really want to see these scriptures because ..... yea, yea, yea .. the Bible thing. However, I hope that these scriptures may be some comfort and there is something in them that you can hold onto.

Being in a tired state is extremely draining. I hope and pray that you might find rest. I pray that you will be able to go through the day out of the fullness that overflows out of the cup. I pray that you will find rest.

1 comment:

Dreaming again said...

My favorite when I get to 'that place' ... is Be still and know that I am God.

there is nothing as restful or filling to me, as knowing that God is in charge.