Wednesday, July 30, 2008

President Bush Visits Ruth E. Harris



President Bush made an unexpected stop during his afternoon visit to Northeast Ohio that made it a day to remember for a 91-year old birthday girl.

The Presidential motorcade was departing a Gates Mills fundraiser en route to Cleveland Hopkins International Airport for a plane ride back to Washington, when a sign caught the President's eye.

The sign read: "Mr. President, please stop to take a 91st B-Day picture with Ma."

A group of people were crowded on the side of the road, trying to coax the President to honor "Ma," who happens to be Ruth E. Harris. She was celebrating her 91st birthday.

The President did stop, and so did the traveling press, the secret service -- and nearly everyone on Ruth's block.

President Bush sat with her, holding her hand and taking pictures for several minutes. "You look great," the President told her. "Where is the birthday cake?"

------------------

They did a news story on this during our 11 o'clock news and thought that I would share it. I thought it was pretty cool.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good post! You hear so much negative stuff about the President; it's nice that he took time out of his day to honor this lady. Good for his image, too. But I think he just did it to be nice. :) Seriously, I do.

Thoughts From Jeff said...

he may have, but i have no problem with him doing something - just to be nice.

i am not a huge fan of his but i like these type of stories that he does and i love his concern for Africa.

Anonymous said...

:) Ruth Harris is my grandmother and I couldn't be more excited for her. She is such an amazing woman and it's great to see that people are being positive about this. I know there is a lot of hate for President Bush, but either way, he seems to be a pretty cool guy when he does stuff like this :)

Either way.. kudos for this entry :)

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
You re, I guess , perhaps very interested to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
There is no initial capital needed You may start to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
The firm incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with structures around the world.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your choice That`s what you really need!

I feel good, I began to get income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a correct partner who uses your funds in a right way - that`s it!.
I make 2G daily, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://foturoxo.angelcities.com/byzecyn.html
and go! Let`s take this option together to get rid of nastiness of the life

Anonymous said...

Hello everyone!
I would like to burn a theme at here. There is such a nicey, called HYIP, or High Yield Investment Program. It reminds of financial piramyde, but in rare cases one may happen to meet a company that really pays up to 2% daily not on invested money, but from real profits.

For several years , I make money with the help of these programs.
I'm with no money problems now, but there are heights that must be conquered . I make 2G daily, and I started with funny 500 bucks.
Right now, I managed to catch a guaranteed variant to make a sharp rise . Visit my web site to get additional info.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]