Monday, July 14, 2008

Guilty Pleasure

I have lived in Ohio for a year so I finally had to do it. What a better time to do it then ON VACATION. I was traveling home on Friday night from Indiana and I saw the sign and I had to pull in, the urge was too great. So, I went in and this is what I got ...



For those of you unfamiliar with that sight, that is a Skyline Chili 5-way. To me, it is a 5-Way or a No-Way I am eating there.

From a nutritional aspect, not exactly a healthy meal, especially on the sodium side. But, I had a "hunch" that I would stop there for dinner, so I tried to do better on my breakfast and lunch.

When I was in graduate school (94-96), Skyline was a weekly adventure. It had been a very long time ( can't even remember ) how long it had been since I stopped. It was very good NOT fantastic but very good.

I will have to ponder if it is good enough to purposely drive 40 mins each way some day to go and have it. I think that I 'feel' a youth outing :) The outing would be a "connect" event ( a subliminal hint for someone ).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you told me what it was because I had no idea whatsoever!

Thoughts From Jeff said...

3-Way Chili: Our signature dish...steaming spaghetti, covered with our original, secret-recipe chili and topped with a mound of shredded cheddar cheese.

4-Way Chili: A 3-Way with diced onions or red beans.

5-Way Chili: A 3-Way with diced onions and red beans.

Anonymous said...

Jules here -

I just so happen to be browsing through you OLD posts and saw the picture of yum-o Skyline and had to comment....my mouth is now drooling! Trust me, we LOVE Cincinnati chili and when we go visit the city, we eat atleast 1 meal a day there - YUM-O! 5 Way is the only way to go! :)

I now need to go and wipe the drool from my chin!