Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Books !!!!!

I know that I have not blogged on the books that I have read lately. I have read a few and there has been some good ones. Maybe, someday in the future, I will blog on them. For the first 5 months of the year, I did good.

HOWEVER, this post is not about the books that I have read and have not blogged on. this post is about the books that I am going to try to read next week.

We are headed camping and for me, I want to sit in a chair out in god's creation and read some books. There is a "theme" for this week. Let's see if you can pick it out :)

1. Fields of the Fatherless: Discover the Joy of Compassionate Living

2. Faith and Human Rights: Christianity and the Global Struggle for Human Dignity

3. Gandhi & Jesus: The Saving Power of Nonviolence

4. Christians at the Border: Immigration, the Church, and the Bible

5. The Life of Meaning: Reflection on Faith, Doubt and Repairing the World

--------------

Maybe not "lite" reading but I think that the books will challenge and push me in the directions that I need to be pushed and for that I will actually enjoy the challenging reads. To me, it is relaxing and rejuvenating the soul. Each person is different; right ?

3 comments:

Doorman-Priest said...

I think I'm sticking with Inspector Rebus.

Wonder Woman said...

I'm sticky?

Thoughts From Jeff said...

DP:

you are a detective sleuth ?