Wednesday, July 16, 2008

It's the Democrat's Fault



Lovely Pic of the Towers ..... *sighs*

I did not see the whole story; so I can only give what I saw; please enlighten me if you heard him on the morning shows.

A Florida man is using billboards with an image of the burning World Trade Center to encourage votes for a Republican presidential candidate, drawing criticism for politicizing the 9/11 attacks.

"Please Don't Vote for a Democrat" reads the type over the picture of the twin towers after hijacked airliners hit them on September, 11, 2001.

Mike Meehan, a St. Cloud, Florida, businessman who paid to post the billboards in the Orlando area, said former President Clinton should have put a stop to Osama bin Laden and al Qaeda before 9/11. He said a Republican president would have done so.

"I believe 9/11 could have been prevented if we'd had a Republican president at the time," Meehan said Wednesday on CNN's "American Morning."

But Democrats and Republicans are saying Meehan shouldn't be using a 9/11 image to make a political point. "This is a blatant exploitation of that terrible tragedy for political and, perhaps even worse, personal gain," Bill Robinson, the Orange County, Florida, Democratic Party chairman told CNN affiliate WFTV-TV in Orlando.

The local Republican Party called the billboard "inappropriate," according to WFTV.

I am interested in the italics part. I by no means blame President Bush, but I think that he ( a republican ) was in the White House when the attacks occurred.

I am assumming that Meehan is referring to Clinton not killing Bin Laden when President Clinton may have had the chance to do so (stories differ greatly on that).

Anyways, this is another example of why I do not like politics in our country. I know, I know, I know ... I should be greatfult that we live in a country where we can be dumb and place it out there for the world to see.

Broccolli Salad and carrots are done, time to take the dog out and back to the church.

No comments: