Sunday, January 27, 2008

Weekend Recap

It has been forever and a day since I did a weekend recap. Thus, I decided that I would put one up. I know that these may not be too exciting, but it will give people a little insight on my life and also the real purpose of this is for me to have a "journal" at times on what is occurring in life.

Friday

Friday morning came very early for us. We woke up at 3:30 am to prepare for the day. Bethany stayed over at a friends house and a member of our church came over to stay at the house and get the boys up and moving and out to school.

Stacey and me made our way up to Cleveland and we reached the hospital around 5:30. I had the opportunity to watch some Sports Center while we waited for the 6 am pre-op jazz.

While they did the pre-op for my wife, I read. They took Stacey in around 7:30 for the surgery and I got paged at about 8:40 saying the surgery was done. The doctor came and briefed me on what occurred. I think that she has an excellent surgeon.

I then went into recovery and waited for them to give us the green light to go home. They do not waste any time here and they were sending us on our way a little after 10:45. When we got home, I stopped and got Stacey a sandwich from Broken Rocks, she loves their food. I have not had it yet.

I then took a nap for about 90 minutes before I went and picked Bethany up from school. After we were in the car, we picked up the boys. We then checked in with Stacey to make sure she was okay and then left the house for about 2 hours to give her peace and quiet.

We then came home and we made our pizzas and watched movies (our friday night tradition). At about 11 pm, it was zzzzz time.

Saturday

We got up and had our donuts (our Sat morning tradition). Stacey and Isaiah 9not feeling good) stayed at home and I took Bethany and Jacob over to grandma and pa pa's. I stayed there till about 7 pm and then headed home. The kids stayed there and spent the night. I got home around 9 pm and then just relaxed.

Sunday

A lazy day, really. I walked over to the church, we had our morning services and I taught confirmation class. Today, was the third article of the apostle's creed. After church, I walked home and took a nap. After the nap, picked up the kitchen a little and my parents dropped the kids off. Stacey and me then watch some news - learning about the prez hopefuls and then I walked over to the church for youth. Tonight, we watched Second Chance. I had seen it; they had not. It was a nice relaxing night. I then walked back home, read to the kids and then came down and watched Extreme Home Make-Over with Stacey.

Overall, it was a very relaxing weekend and that was nice.

No comments: