Friday, May 16, 2008

A Week in Review

Posting has not really occurred this week. It has been a hectic week and posting has not been on the priority list.

On Monday, I was doing my normal prep for the week and doing reading. To be honest, Monday was a little of a blur as I was a little scatter-brained with what was going to occur during the week and prepping for my absence this weekend. I do remember that I was going to take Bethany to grandma and pa pa's but, we blew a tire on the way (all were safe).

On Tuesday, I took Stacey up to the Cleveland Clinic for outpatient surgery. She did good in the surgery. The meds are not being too friendly to her though. On Tuesday night, I took the boys to swimming and soccer. Stacey was at home recovering with phone beside her.

On Wednesday, I got the kids to school, Stacey was settled in and I went to a 6 hour staff meeting (off church grounds) to discuss numerous aspects of church life and areas that need changes. This has resulted in quite a few job shifts for me. It will be interesting. After the meeting, I went on a two hour drive with the boys to pick up Bethany. After picking her up, we went to the pool. Jacob had his private swim lesson - prepping for the swim team in the future (he is good). While there, I had to dive into the pool (fully clothed) to rescue my daughter.

On Thursday, A full day of running around in my prep for going to Alabama. In the midst of all that prepping, I went to lunch with the kids at school, went to swim practice and had an evangelism team meeting.

Today, I am at the office trying to gather my thoughts regarding the staff meeting and putting it down into understanding for Church Council on Monday. I cancelled my trip to Alabama (to help Stacey this weekend). This morning, we have Meals on Wheels, errands to run, try to get Bethany to the chiropractor and then Stacey has adoption training (I already took this class).

Reading over that, makes me tired. I need to hit publish and finish typing my report for Pastor .... more later. I promise.

2 comments:

Doorman-Priest said...

Where is the peceful time for reflection?

That's me too, not just you.

How do we become so frenetic AND is it
a) productive
b) good for us?

Thoughts From Jeff said...

It is going to occur for a few hours tonight.

On being frentic:

no, it is not productive
no, it is not healthy

God did not intend for our lives to be designed in that manner