Thursday, May 08, 2008

Autism

There has been quite a bit of news coverage on Autism over the last six months. Before that (it seemed) that it was an issue that was hush-hush. I really am not sure why. Lately, there has been national coverage on this issue. However, I like to hear the local stories and what they are doing.

Well, this past week, I reconnected with a family ( the south family ) via email and they shared with me their story and the news story that was just done on their family and gave me a link. Below, you will see the story. Dawn taught confirmation class and Mike was very instrumental in the missions efforts in our community and relief help for Katrina.



Here is one of the web pages that you need to have bookmarked if you want to learn more about it. I think her words to me are very important for people to hear:

A local news station here just did a news story on him and early intervention. I had been wanting to talk to the news stations for a few years because I really feel the need to let people know about early intervention and state funding speech and occupational therapy, etc. Alot of people don't know that the state pays for these services. I think Taylor is a walking testimony of what early intervention can do.

No comments: