Saturday, May 24, 2008

I'm Baaaaaaaaack

I am back in town. It was a quick trip - 72 hours.

On Wednesday evening, I hopped on a Greyhound and headed to Illinois to help my in-laws move. The trip on Greyhound was very interesting and entertaining. This was the 5th time (I think) that I have done Greyhound and each time, I am amazed at what you see and what you hear. At times, I think that it would be a great book. Make numerous trips and write about the experiences. I may share some of them with you. Including the Amish family story, James the homeless man and Emily the runaway and more.

Of course, it does help (stories) when you have lay-overs. I had two of them. The first one was in Columbus from 9pm to 1am and the other was in Indianapolis from 4am to 9am.

I got off the bus at about 10:30 (18 hours) and went straight to the in-laws. We took a small sit down rest, lunch and then time to load the pick-up truck.

They were to have double-closing on Friday. Before the closings, we packed a second truck (Stacey's items). The house they were selling and the housing they were buying. Thus, when we packed the truck up; we parked it at their new house so we could unload it after closing.

Well, there was a snag in the closing. They could not close on either of the houses. This morning, we unloaded the truck into their old house garage that they are hoping will not remain that way. After we unloaded the truck, I went and grabbed my truck - with Stacey's leftover items form the house and drove it back to town (6 1/2 hours).

I got in town with 5 mins to spare for Isaiah's soccer game. After the soccer game, we went out to dinner and then I went to unload the truck to the storage unit.

Quite abit of action in 72 hours .......

2 comments:

Doorman-Priest said...

I had to get my atlas out to follow your journies. I have always thought travel by greyhound to be a requred element of any American adventure.

Thoughts From Jeff said...

Traveling that way is the best way to meet a wide range of people. At times, it takes very long to do.

I did not give "all" my stops, but we did a 'back circle' to get on Interstate 71. We were 10 miles north of my town - heading south and we were on the road for 2 1/2 hours already - talking about no direct :)

I actually looked at the itenary for Sacremento, CA. i want to go out there this fall. It goes all over the place and may be cool.

I am not sure if 'time' will allow me to be gone that long though.