Saturday, May 17, 2008

Intelligent Design Vs. Evolution

On a few blogs that I have been reading lately, there has been a discussion going on about intelligent design and evolution. The discussions have been asking if evolution is 'outside' of Christian discussion or if they can co-exist. Many have been standing firm that Gen. 1-3 MUST be taken seriously. Your salvation rest in 'literal' translation.

Well, I decided to enter into the discussion. Okay, I have not really. I saw a bumper sticker though that made me chuckle a little in light of the debate. Here it is ...




If this offended, I apologize.

1 comment:

Doorman-Priest said...

Well, it's hard to argue with that!

I.D. is a great piece of religious philosophy, and its origins stretch back to Newton and Paley, so is not the modern invention some claim.

My problems with it only begin when someone tries to argue that it is science and not theology.

I teach the Design Argument in my Religious Studies lessons. I do not expect my science colleagues to teach it.

It is also possible, of course, to teach I.D. and evolution together: evolution may look random, but the guiding hand of God is behind it.