Friday, December 29, 2006

And You .. You Are ?

Last night, we went to a family Christmas party. The party took place at a church fellowship hall - away from the venue that it has been at since I was a tot ( family member's home ).

I have to admit that I missed it being at the home, it just did not have the cozy, jammed packed homey feel. I understand in a sense that it is tough to have 60+ people in a home though - especially when it is cold and people can not roam the outside. Overall, though, it was nice to see cousins that I have not seen in a long time .. HOWEVER .....

I felt like the "title" quite abit. I was asking the following question: " and you .. you are who and how are we related ..... "

I am not sure how I feel about it. Sometimes, I laugh and sometimes I cry because of how "distant" the family has become. Grant it, I understand that some of it has to do with the vast number of cousins that I have and some of it has to do with the fact that we do not live close together but .......

Here is one example:

One of my aunt's came to me and asked me if I knew ( and pointed to a young teen ) ?

I went no. She was like, well this is ___________. She is the daughter of __________. So, my first cousin has a teenage daughter and I am clueless. This could be played out all across the room with my family.

I really need to get a list of all my first cousins ( no, I could not give you their names ) and get their marital status, where they are living and their childrens names and where they are living and try to make some connections.

Enough of the me admitting that I do not know my family. We head back to Indy tomorrow and we are almost into 2007 - unbelievable.

No comments: