Friday, July 20, 2007

Quote on Faith

Jonathan Sacks speaking on faith as he compares Job's suffering and success:


Faith does not mean certainty. It means the courage to live with uncertanty. It does not mean ansers; it means asking questions, it means that challenge has not been sent as a punishment, but as a call to responsibility.


One of the things where I think that we are following short is in the following area:

We need to stand up and question the presence of things that are wrong in the world.

Take a look around you. Begin to take notes on some of the things that are wrong with this world. There is a lot of injustice out there. What are they ? What are you (I) doing about them ?

In God's Gravity, there is a challenge given. I would like to share it with you:

There comes a point when we need to move. Like Job, we need to stand up and break the silence; like Abraham, we need to step up to the challenge; like Ester, we need to take risk; like Moses, we need to make ourselves available; like Amos, we need to begin to right the wrongs that surround us.

I wish that I can step out of my comfort zone and do a few of these things. I think that I am finally getting there.

No comments: