Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Gardner Webb



I have got to be honest. I have never heard of the school. They look like they have a very nice school. Here is their web page.

Info On School

Gardner-Webb University is a coeducational, residential, church-related university on
a beautiful campus just outside Shelby at Boiling Springs, North Carolina. The University derives its name from O. Max Gardner, distinguished governor of North Carolina in the 1930s, and his wife, Fay Webb Gardner. The beauty of the campus and the quality of the academic program owe much to their example and leadership.

NO NO NO

I am not putting this on herre because this is where I want my next degree to come from. I put this school on here because they just whipped the University of Kentucky basketball team at Rupp.

Way to go Cats'

Pitiful

*** EDIT: Addition ***

The Wildcats hadn't lost a regular-season game to an opponent in a mid-major conference since falling to Western Kentucky Nov. 15, 2001, in that season's opener.

The tournament had been set up to send four top programs - Memphis, Connecticut, Oklahoma, and Kentucky - to New York next week to play in the semifinals. Last night in Storrs, UConn got past Morgan State, 69-65, behind Jerome Dyson's 20 points. As a result, Gardner-Webb, which finished 9-21 last season, will next play the winner of tonight's game between Buffalo and UConn.


Ooops .. maybe you should have just put those teams in NY :)

2 comments:

Brian Vinson said...

My how the great have fallen...

Thoughts From Jeff said...

I was in shock and amazement. I did not watch. I turned in every 3-5 minutes to check the score and just shook my head every time.