Thursday, November 30, 2006

Open the Book

So, I was checking out a few blogs today and there was a blog that had this exercise in their blog. So, I did it. My results will be below the rules ....

The rules are:

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next four sentences on your blog, along with these instructions.
5. Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest!



The concentric circles model helps students see that the issue is not wether or not their friends are "good people". It is wether or not their friendships are healthy and going in the right direction.
We need to explaine to our students that all of their friends fall into one of these three categories. The outer circle represents those friends that they are concerned about.

Yes, this was the book by my monitor. It is a book that I am wanting to "re-visit". This book was very important in the last teaching cycle that we did at Discovery.

Relationships and friendships are very crucial for students to grasp and understand and this is an issue that I need to keep in front of my current students as well.

No comments: