Tuesday, November 21, 2006

YS Convention



I am sitting in my office - getting ready to head home. There were 6 of us that went to YS - Cincy this year. Over all, I really did have a good time.

I was a little disappointed with the exhibit hall - but on Thursday night - they sure did have some great snacks. There seems to be an overload of mission trip organizations. This is an issue for me that I am going to have to work through theologically.

The general sessions were excellent. The worship was very good and the speakers were great. Each speaker came from a different perspective and taught we numerous things. The one thing that stuck the accord with me was Wait On God and make sure that we are being spiritually fed and remember that we are a child of God.

The seminars were very good. They were the best ones that I have attended over the years. I really enjoyed Tony which I mentioned earlier. I am going to expound on him a lot tomorrow. The other speaker that really touched me was Ken Moser. I will also touch one him later ( it may be after Thanksgiving 0.

The concerts were great. If you are into hard-core / heavy metal / rap all thrown in one and want a clean message - check out Family Force Five.

Finally, I loved being there with my team and seeing them have fun and growing closer to God.

My one regret - which it is the same each year, I wish I would spend some time with my blogging/forum/internet friends.

More later.

No comments: