Thursday, May 14, 2009

Stages of Life

The ReThink Group has three sets of curriculum. These curriculums are built around one strategy. Within this strategy, there are three stages of life, yet there is one end in mind.

Here is a breakdown of the curriculum:

Preschool

God Made Me
God Loves Me
Jesus Wants to be My Friend Forever

Children

I need to make the wise choices
I can trust God no matter what
I should treat others the way I want to be treated

Teens

I am created to pursue an authentic relationship with my Creator
I belong to Christ and define who I am by what He says
I exist every day to demonstrate God’s love to a broken world

As a church, we began with 252 Basics in January. It was a "quick" decision because of the resignation of the Children Director and I had to oversee the ministry. The CD had been writing her own curriculum and doing a rotation model. I could not continue with that and we have been laying the foundation for "orange", so we jumped in with it.

We will be adding the preschool and teens piece in the near future. Most likely we will be adding both of them come September. However, we will need to see what a few of the volunteers are "feeling" before we launch the Preschool model (piece).

The curriculums names are the following:

first look
252 Basics
XP3

No comments: