Sunday, May 17, 2009

If Only .....

There is a house downtown that just went on the market. It is a house that I pass everyday walking to and from church. They had an open house today and I walked through it. It was beautiful and I was shocked to be honest with you. But, the living room, dining room and kitchen were excellent and it had a very nice half bath / laundry room off the kitchen.

Upstairs it had 3 bedrooms and a full bath. The bedrooms were not huge but they were good enough size and the colors and paint was very nice and there was a very large walk-in-closet.

There were small winding steps to a 3rd floor room that would make a very nice den/office/family room/additional BR or ....

The windows were good. It has a two car garage and a nice yard, even though the yard was behind the garage. The price is also very good.

If I had the money, we would make an offer today. This is where I get a little upset.

Our mortgage payment at this house with taxes and insurance would be less than our current rent. But, I do not have a down-payment and our credit is shot AND it has nothing to do with credit cards or outrageous school loans.

The house is beautiful and a very good deal at $ 88,000. I know some do not like the downtown area, but we do and if we could do it, we would.

Ugh.

The good thing is that we do like the house that we are renting though and we do live downtown already, if only ...... we would definitely make an offer.

Time to quit dreaming and time to quit kicking myself in the butt because I cannot do it. I just wish that I could do it for my wife and kids

1 comment:

Doorman-Priest said...

I feel your pain Brother.