Tuesday, December 18, 2007

What a Morning ....

Yup, it was one of those mornings. It was a pull your hair out morning. In the scheme of things, maybe it was not too bad but this is what occurred. We had staff meeting at 10 am and there were a few things that I needed to get ready for the meeting. Thankfully, I got a lot done yesterday evening before council.

When we woke up this morning, Stacey was not feeling good. Thus, the first small wrench was put into the day, but nothing that would make it a pull your hair out day.

I woke everyone up, pulled out some cereal, directed them to the clothes and was making sure that they got ready. Stacey was up enough to do Bethany's hair .. dad doing that in the morning for a doctor appointment is not good ( at least not for this dad ).

There was ice on the windows of the car, so I went out to scrape them off. The game plan was to get the kids in the car. I was going to drop the boys off at school, take Bethany to the doctors and then drop her off at the house and get to church for staff meeting .....

Well, I decided that I would turn the car on after I scrapped the windows. I would then go inside and get everyone out. By the time we got to the car - 3 mins ? ... the car was dead. I tried and tried and it would not start. It looked like we were out of gas. The gas light had been on ( I was not aware of this ). So, I take the kids inside.

I go out to the garage and see if we have gas in the gas can. We had about a half gallon. I put it in the car. I tried to start it. It almost starts. The car is on an incline, so that is not helping - gas is moving all to the front.

We cancel the doctor appointment and I walk the kids to school. When I get back, I try to uncover my van from the ice / snow. It was a little harder because it had been there for a few of the storms. After finally getting it defrosted, I start it up. Did I tell you that the transmission is almost out on this van. I jerked back and forth in the fan most of the way there .. it was a rough ride.

I get to the gas station and fill up the container and head back home - jerking back and forth all the way home. When I get out to Stacey's van; I try to put the gas in her van. The lid on the container breaks and spills all over my hands and wrist.

I was able to get enough gas into the car to start it up. I then drive to the gas station and fill her car up with $ 55 in gas. I then drive home and get ready to head over the church .. What an hour it was for me.

I get to church and print off some of the materials that I needed. The rest of the day was the following:

10:00 - 12:00 Staff
12:00 - 12:30 Unload Items to Youth Room (Project)
12:30 - 2:30 Volunteering at the Free Clinic
2:30 - 3:15 Youth Ministry Retreat Preperation
3:15 - 3:45 Pick Up Boys
3:45 - 4:15 Work on my Teaching Lessons
4:15 - 6:45 Went to Edgewood Basketball game (Cheer on Zach)

Now, a little blogging before dinner.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I'm spoiled, I never HAVE to look at my gas light because you always do it for me. I'm sorry I made your morning crazy, Honey! I love you!
Stace

Thoughts From Jeff said...

I did not blame you or if I did, I apologize :)