Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Rest



So I went up the mountain
But all I saw was another mountain
So I came down the mountain
And I said, "leave me here lord"
So I went up the mountain
And all I saw was another mountain
So I came down the mountain
And I said, leave me here lord
Leave me in the valley
Let me rest my weary head
Give peace to your survivor
Put all my fears to bed

As I was doing some administrative work, I had Rhapsody playing. The song Wind and the Mountain came on by Liz Phair. I took a minute break and "rested". As I closed my eyes, I imagined myself in the song.

Presently, I am not weary and there are not many fears that are looming but in the journey of life, you never know what is coming and I am sure there are a few out there who need to hear the words: it is okay to rest and it is time to put your fears to bed.

1 comment:

Brian said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog. Good words here, and ties in with my post that you commented on. Blessings.