Monday, June 11, 2007

The Hiatus

It had been 11 days since my posts. I think that most individuals who "surf" by knew my where-abouts. But here is a little highlight. Hopefully over the next few days, I will share more in-depth stories.

On June 1, I headed out to Panama city Beach, Florida with 16 youth and 4 other adults. We went down to a church camp there called Big Stuf - it was a fantastic week and the messages really spoke to my heart. The worship was great and the fellowship with the students were priceless.

When we got back, Stacey and the kids were waiting in the parking lot and we took a trip over to Ohio for 4 days. We went over there for them to see their new community. We searched for a home, tried to find activities for the kids in the summer and checked out their worship services - first one we have been to with them.

Let's just say, there were some successes. I really enjoyed my time in PCB with the adults and kids. It was a great way to spend the last time with them. i will see everyone a few more times before the move.

Ohio was hectic yet calm. We searched and searched for homes. We finally signed a home late Saturday night. We decided to stay an extra day so we did not have to rush ceck-out on Sunday morning. We had two fantastic meals with different families in the church - the church paid for a few meals out and we as a family had time to just relax in the pool. Today before we left, kids are signed up for Dr. Seuss camp, soccer camp and horseback riding camp.

More Later .. I promise ..

3 comments:

Dreaming again said...

welcome home Jeff

Becca said...

I'm so glad you got to go to camp, and I'm glad you've found a church that can provide what your family needs! Sounds like a great couple weeks full of blessings.

As you said, don't know you well nor have we met, but your words of encouragement meant a lot to me. Your family is in my prayers.

FarmWife said...

I'm glad you found a new home & pray all will go well for you...and for a smooth move.