Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Ty Arrested



Ty Pennington, host of ABC's "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition," apologized to his fans and co-workers Monday after he was arrested for investigation of drunken driving.

From Yahoo News ...


"I made an error in judgment," Pennington said in a statement released through his publicist, Stan Rosenfield.

"We all make mistakes, however this is about accountability. Under no circumstances should anyone consume alcohol while driving. I could have jeopardized the lives of others and I am grateful there was no accident or harm done to anyone," the reality TV host said.


my thoughts

I understand that people make bad choices and have lapse in judgement that can cause major damage - this could have led to deaths .... So, I can forgive that.

I do think though that we as a nation need to be a little tougher on those who are caught / pulled over for drinking and driving. I do not think 2 hours in hold up and a $ 5,000 bail and then "punishment" will be community service will STOP this from occurring.

I do not think that we should ban alcohol from places. I think we should have punishment "consequences" for those who mess up and fail to compliy to our laws.

Ty, I hope that you do get everything straightened out. You, your team and ABC do amazing on your show.

No comments: