Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Forgiveness: Sorta



WoW, what a tough word to digest. Tonight, forgiveness was the topic of our Worship. I think that my wife's mind moved swiftly to the indivual who fell sleep at the wheel and crashed into her. She found it "ironic" that this message came the day before we go to court for the verdict.

I have forgiven the man and the situation but that does not mean that I am going to drop everything and not make him ( his insurance company ) pay for our medical bills, all our items we lost in the wreck and some emotional drain that it caused on the family.

As I was thinking about this ( the case tomorrow ) ... I have had two drives that have been extremely difficult. The two drives are days that will be etched in my mind forever. They are September 6, 1997 and June 18, 2006.

On September 6th, I was driving from the Pittsburgh International Airport to Magee Hospital not knowing if my 2 day old son was still surviving in NICU and also not knowing what my wife's condition was as she was facing immediate surgery to save her life. The thoughts were unbelieveable. There were many pounds on the steering wheel as I blitzed to the hospital at high speeds.

The second drive was on June 18, 2007. We were moving from Alabama to Indiana. There was a gap between my wife and me - she was ahead in the car and I was in the back with a 26 foot U-Haul. I get a frantic call that I disconnected because I was in heavy traffic. I called back 5 mins later ( approx. ) to hear my wife frantic - kids screaming and an EMT that took the phone to explain that my family was in a bad car accident.

In the 26 ft. U-Haul, I floored it. I was instructed to come to them immediately. Thus, when traffic stopped, I took the 26 ft. U-Haul on the shoulder blitzing on that at 70-75 mph. For 15+ minutes, I did not know what I was going to witness.

It was chaos .... more later.

*** Post didn't really focus on forgiveness **

No comments: