Monday, January 03, 2011

Apathy

I have been thinking of this word a lot recently. It seems that apathy is all around me. I do not mean to say that in a judgmental way. The dictionary defines apathy in this manner:

an absence or suppression of passion, emotion, or excitement or a lack of interest or concern


However, I do not think that the apathy is intentional. I think that apathy is the byproduct of our lives. We have our plates full. Our agendas are full and our lives our extremely busy and we do not have "time" carved out to serve or show the care that we have in our heart.

I think that because of our "business", we are isolated from our community and those around us and because of that business, we become less and less obvious to those who are hurting and what it is that they need.

More on apathy later ...

No comments: