Sunday, April 01, 2007

Weekend Services



Today, I had the opportunity to preach at all three services at our church. The Senior Pastor had to go out of town. So, on Tuesday, he asked me if I would be willing to preach. I said yes. I enjoyed having the opportunity to speak.

My "task" was to take a look at one aspect of the last week of Jesus life. I chose the footwashing aspect. I think that this intimate moment in the midst of turmoil is a great example of how we are suppose to live our lives.

We are called to love and to serve one another. We need to do this even to those who have hurt us and have grieved us. It is very difficult to show that love and to serve. But, we are called to Be Like Jesus. Jesus served individuals who would deny him, betray him and were bunch of cowards and did not stand up for Him.

So, how can we do it ? It is very difficult to do but in the same light, it is very simple to follow. Here is the statement: When you see a need, meet it.

Thus, as we are journeying through our daily lives, we need to look around and when we see a need, we need to meet it.

No comments: