Thursday, August 28, 2008

My Walk With God

The alarm clock went off at 5:15 this morning. I shot out of bed when it went off. I must have been in a real deep sleep. I got dressed, brushed my teeth, and put my shoes on and was headed out the door by 5:30.

It was a nice cool morning and it was still pitch black out as I began my walk. I absolutely love the feeling of walking in the dark with a cool crisp air surrounding me. Today's walk was an 8 mile walk. During the 8 miles, I had plenty of opportunity to talk to God and reflect on a lot of things that are occurring in our families life and the life of the church.

The conversation was plentiful and I really enjoyed the opportunity to walk and pray with/to God for 2 hours this morning. I have only been doing this for about a week+ but I am really enjoying the early morning adventure. For the last 10 days, I have taken various routes and today, I think that I may have locked in my route when I go by myself. Sometimes, the boys go with me and we do a shorter walk and chat it up. Tomorrow, I am going to try the "locked" in route. It is a little different from this morning. We will see.

Anyways, I enjoyed the time out there this morning and loved talking toGod and asking questions and asking for guidance in the following areas: Kids Care Club, Zion Care Groups, Family Productions, Council Proposals, Future Schooling, Confirmation and Calendaring issues (time).

Tomorrow, I am getting up 15 minutes earlier (5 am) and trying out my locked in route. I think that I may need 2 hours and 15 minutes to do the walk. We will see. I may pick up my pace and walk faster but I think before I do that I need a "uniform". Compared to all the other walkers out in the morning, I look funny. But, oh well, I am out walking at least and spending time in "solitute" to clear my mind for the day ahead.

No comments: