Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Church: How It Should Be

As I was listening to Michelle Obama last night, she made a comment that referred to Barack and his statement: The World How It Is and The World How It Should Be.

At the present time, I do not want to get into politics. But, the speech made me think; especially those words. What if we change one word. That word being world to church.

The church how it is and the church how it should be.

Just as Barack said that the gulf between the two is huge, I believe that the same is true for the church.

We, as a church are a far way from where we as a church are currently. There is a big gulf and we need to begin to bridge the gap. There is so much that we can do and become, yet we are not there. I do not think that we are the Bride of Christ as Christ intended it.

Just a Thought

No comments: