Thursday, August 21, 2008

Busy

If I had to choose one word to describe my life right now and the next 3 weeks, busy would be the word. There is a lot going on and it is all coming down at the same time. The good news is that I knew that it was coming, so it was not a "shock".

So, this is what is occurring in my life:

School is getting ready to Start

Isaiah and Jacob are entering 4th grade and Bethany is entering Kindergarten. I cannot believe that they are growing up so much. Thus, we are trying to squeeze as much as possible (it seems) into the last days of summer.

Kids Care Club

It is upon us. We have our "kick-off" meeting on Saturday. We are actually going low-key and did not make our big push into the community. Thus, it will be church kids and a few kids from VBS. We have 21 kids registered and we think that this will be a good start. Once we get our feet wet, we are going to make the push into the community. KCC will meet the first Wednesday of each month and we will then have our project. KCC is a service organization. we are looking forward to this.

Zion Care Groups

They launch in September. Registration has gone well for our smaller church. We have 64 adults who have signed up for the groups. We are going to launch 10 groups. We have hosts and leaders for each group that is exciting. We have a trainning session in two weeks (same night as our first KCC meeting) and they should be off and running. I am looking forward to see what happens in the groups.

Confirmation Class

Confirmation class begins September 14th. I am looking forward to seeing how the new (1st year)students gel with the old students (2nd year). We will have 7 students in confirmation class this year, I believe. The curriculum this year switches to Luther theology; thus that can make it interesting. I am going to have a "second" teacher this year that will be doing once a month. At those times, I am going to visit the younger SS classes (oct-dec) and then (Jan-May), I will be prepping for Family Production (if it is in the 11 am slot).

Family Production

We are hoping to launch Family Productions in January. If we "pull" this off, there is going to be a lot of time/resources pulled into this ministry. I am already doing a lot of prep work with "screenings", planned road trips tosee one, talking to staff and leaders regarding time slots, meeting with council to sell them on the vision. The next step for me in this area is to see if I can do a "family screening" ight and get families input/suggestions.

Youth Group

We are changing up youth group a little. In a sense, it is a small tweak and I don't think that there wil be much of a stir. But, you never know what a small change can have. We are shifting time and focus of the meeting. This will also free me up to be at DZ@6 (if necessary).

Cancelling SS

Our hs numbers are small but they are a strong core. We are going to "cancel" HS SS and place them into ministry roles.

There are a few more things, but I am very tired just typing that. I also need to stop so I can finish the host and leaders letters for the Care Groups. This blog post was actually to help me with my to do list BECAUSE there is something in each area that I need to do today.

No comments: