Sunday, June 24, 2012

Minnesota

This past week, I went up to Minnesota for an interview. I am still not sharing what churches / exact location. the church was a great church and it is a church that is in "transition" in the fact of defining who it is and the impact that they will have on the community. The ministry position was a "specialized" role in the fact that it would focus on middle school ministry.

I am not sure if we are going to be an exact match but I will definitely be interested in following their journey. If they would call and extend an offer and I would accept, I think that the potential for great things to occur and that the partnership would be a very good one.

During the 5 hours there, I had the opportunity to chat with the Senior Pastor. The conversation was casual yet focused on ministry and change. I then had the opportunity to spend 45 minutes with 10 of their middle school students. It was a blank canvas on what to do. It was an entertaining time. I then had a tour of the church campus and engaged in stories about the church and community. Following the tour, I had an hour interview and part of the interview was me teaching a lesson to middle school students. Following the interview, I had lunch with the "Family Pastor".

Overall, a very good experience. It has been interesting journey the last four months. We are still in time of discernment and it will be interesting to see where our next step will be.

No comments: